How to Delete My AI on Snapchat
Exciting news for Snapchat users! Evan Spiegel, the CEO of Snap, recently announced that the AI chatbot “My AI” will now be available for free to all of Snapchat’s 750 million monthly users. Previously, only paid subscribers had access to it, but now everyone can try it out.
However, it’s important to note that “My AI” is still an experimental chatbot. While your conversations with friends remain private, any content you share with “My AI” will be stored in the app’s database. The chatbot may use this shared information to improve Snap’s products and personalize your experience, including ads. But don’t worry – you can always delete the stored data at any time.
The latest updates to “My AI” on Snapchat allow users to personalize their chatbot by giving it a name and creating a customized Bitmoji. You can even include the bot in group conversations by mentioning it with the ‘@’ symbol and ask a question on behalf of the group. “My AI” can also provide recommendations from the Snap Map and suggest the perfect lens for a photo.
However, one downside is that currently only Snapchat+ subscribers can remove “My AI” from their chat feeds. Some users are frustrated with the placement of the chatbot at the top of their Chat feeds, and wish they could prioritize their actual friends instead.
Snapchat’s new AI chatbot, “My AI,” which was recently launched globally and is powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology, has been receiving negative reviews from users. The chatbot is now pinned to the top of the app’s Chat tab, where users can ask it questions and receive instant responses. According to app intelligence firm Sensor Tower, Snapchat’s average U.S. App Store review was 1.67 over the past week, with 75% of reviews being one-star, compared to the Q1 2023 average of 3.05, with only 35% being one-star. Apptopia reported a similar trend, with “AI” being the top keyword in Snapchat’s App Store reviews and giving it an “Impact Score” rating of -9.2. Snapchat also received three times more one-star ratings than usual on April 20, 2023, the day after the My AI global release was announced.
Read: Recommended Trusted and The Best Stock Trading App
As mentioned in the previous article, at present, only Snapchat+ subscribers can remove “My AI” from their chat feeds. If you are a subscriber, follow these steps to unpin it:
If you’re a Snapchat+ subscriber, here are the two ways you can unpin it.
How to remove Snapchat’s My AI from your Chat feed:
1. Open Snapchat
2. Navigate to the Chat screen by swiping left from the Camera screen
3. Hold down “My AI”
4. Select “Chat Settings”
5. Tap “Clear from Chat Feed”
Alternatively, you can try this:
1. Open Snapchat
2. Tap your Bitmoji in the upper lefthand corner
3. Select the settings icon in the upper righthand corner
4. Scroll down to “Privacy Controls”
5. Select “Clear Data”
6. Tap “Clear Conversations”
7. Select the “X” next to “My AI” to remove it from your Chat Feed
If you’re not a Snapchat+ subscriber, here are the smart ways you can unpin it.
1. Subscribe to Snapchat+
2. Go to your Profile
3. Tap on the Snapchat+ banner card at the top
4. Choose a subscription to start your 7-day free trial
5. Choose Monthly payment (0.49$)
6. Once you’ve successfully subscribed, you might need to restart the Snapchat app for the Snapchat+ feature options to appear.
7. Then follow above instruction on how to remove Snapchat’s My AI from your Chat feed for Snapchat+
8. Finally, cancel your Snapchat+ subscription, follow the steps for your device:
Please Note: iOS users must cancel subscriptions 24 hours before the 7-day trial ends in order to avoid being charged. If you cancel on the last day of the trial, Apple will automatically renew your subscription.
Scroll to Continue With Content